4/16/2009

Painted Floor



This is a kitchen floor that I painted for a client last week. The design of poppies is done with a series of stencils that I designed and cut. The poppies are from a design by William Morris. 
First I primed the floor and painted the background, then I added the pattern with stencils and some hand painting. Then I painted the border, and after everything dried, I put on three coats of Varathane Diamond floor finish. Very durable and easy to keep clean. I hope they're dancing on it tonight!

13 comments:

Chauncey said...

Kate, this is fabulous!!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Kate!!! Well done!

The Filigree Garden said...

Love the colors and the flowers!

Jean Levert Hood said...

ohmygosh Kate, this is awesome!

Mem's Political Scrapbook said...

Kate, just beautiful!

Karen Jinks said...

that is stunning!

On a Whimsey said...

So beautiful!

Judy Nolan said...

Wow, Kate! This is gorgeous.

Melanie said...

Oh KATE!!! This is SO beautiful!!! When we start to redecorate, I hope I can get one of your floorcloths!

Kate Ladd Art said...

Thanks to everyone for all your wonderful comments!!

Miriam Cutelis said...

you are so incredibly talented....what a fun way to make a living!!!

Unknown said...

We bought our home last August 2016, and just found out last week you are the person who painted our floorcloth! We love it! A friend of ours saw the floor and immediately knew it was your work! You painted a floorcloth for her also - Pat S.
Debbie and Judith Shipley

Unknown said...

Ours is just a painted floor, not a floorcloth!
Debbie Shipley